The VIC-2D system is a turkey solution that utilizes our optimized correlation algorithms to provide full-field two-dimensional displacement and strain data for mechanical testing on planar specimens. In-plane displacement are measured at every pixel subset within the area of interest, and full-field strain is computed with many tensor options.
The VIC-2D system measures in-plane displacements and strains over 2000% with measurement resolution as low as 10 microstrain possible. Specimen sizes ranging from microns to meters are measured easily, and with a built-in microscope distortion correction and SEM drift correction module, the software is the most flexible and powerful 2D DIC software on the market.
- Improved data processing speed up to 135,000 data points/sec using a modern PC with a single quad-core CPU.
- Improved strain algorithms for quicker and more accurate results.
- Completely redesigned user interface for increased ease of use.
- New and improved tools for defining AOIs (Areas of Interest).
- Improved initial guess window interface.
- Completely redesigned inspector tools for easier data extraction.
- All extraction locations are now saved with the project, and have click and drag functionality.
- New “Apply Function” feature that allows the user to enter customized equations to generate new contour variables.
- New graph widget for displaying multiple data extractions on one graph (points, line slices, circles, rectangles, and extensometers).
- Results can now be viewed in user-selectable units such as inches and micrometers.
- Overall improved project saving (extractions, analysis settings, plot settings, etc.)
- New recent projects menu and thumbnail display on home page.
- Newly integrated post-processing feature for applying time filters to extracted data.
- Large project loading performance improvement with faster animation playback.