Like the lower resolution SA6, the FASTCAM SA2 has been developed to permit high definition recording and detailed high-speed analysis of large spatial areas in applications such as automotive safety testing, fluid dynamics and solid mechanics.
Offering 4-megapixel resolution (2048 x 2048) at 1,080fps and full HD (1920 x 1080) at 2,000fps, the FASTCAM SA2 camera utilizes an advanced CMOS image sensor with 10µm square pixels. The 12-bit output sensor has been optimized to provide exceptional image quality and superior color fidelity with an ISO light sensitivity of 4,000 (monochrome), 1,250 (color) measured to the ISO 12232 Ssat standard. The small pixels are desirable for optical measurement techniques such as particle image velocimetry (PIV) and working with microscopes.
The FASTCAM SA2 and SA6 are available with four memory options 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.
The FASTCAM SA2 camera may be controlled via the optional remote LCD keypad or over a Gigabit Ethernet network and is fully compatible with the Photron J-BOX for multiple camera installations. Integrated mechanical shutter to facilitate automated calibration and automated lens control options further extend the ease of system operation. The system is supplied with intuitive Photron FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) software and Photron Device Control SDK (software development kit) allowing integration with user specific software.
- 2,048 x 2,048 pixels @ 1,080 fps
- 1,920 x 1,080 pixels @ 2,000 fps
- 1,024 x 1,024 pixels @ 3,200 fps
- Full HD resolution (1,920 x 1080 pixels) to 2,000 fps
- Available with three memory configurations:
- 8GB for 1.29 seconds at 2,000 fps @ 1,920 x 1080 pixels
- 16GB for 2.58 seconds at 2,000 fps @ 1,920 x 1080 pixels
- 32GB for 5.17 seconds at 2,000 fps @ 1,920 x 1080 pixels
- 64GB for 10.35 seconds at 2,000 fps @ 1,920 x 1080 pixels
- Rear panel has dual HD-SDI and one RS-170 BNC outputs for real time monitoring during setup, recording and playback
- Photron FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) computer control via the Gigabit Ethernet port
- Four user selectable function buttons for easy rear panel control of camera
- Low-light mode for initial set up of camera position and focus
- Monochrome or color sensor captures 12-bit (36-bit color) uncompressed data
- Range Version (RV) option with sealed case to prevent dust or moisture getting inside the camera case where it could damage the internal electronics.